SAD DAY FOR MMA

SAD DAY FOR MMA

March 11th, 2009  |  Published in TOP STORY  |  9 Comments

Very sad day for MMA as news broke about the death of TapouT founder, Charles Lewis Jr. aka “Mask”.

Responses

1. Charlie says:

March 11th, 2009at 6:35 pm(#)

well put Jeff…RIP MASK

2. Sprawlin says:

March 11th, 2009at 7:09 pm(#)

Very sad news, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Just goes to show that you really need to think before you do something that could endanger yours and other people’s lives.

3. Tyburn says:

March 11th, 2009at 7:30 pm(#)

I just heard about this. I send my sincere condolences :'(

On the subject of video blogs, they really are the most useful way of connecting with people. So best wishes for them 🙂

4. Kevin says:

March 11th, 2009at 7:58 pm(#)

Like his antics, persona, character or not … the guy was instrumental in many fighters careers and was an excessive promoter of the sport of MMA. He will be truly missed in many aspects. Never knew him, but my thoughts go out to all who did and especially his family, friends, and business partners.

5. John Curry says:

March 11th, 2009at 8:13 pm(#)

It’s a sad day for the world of MMA as we lost someone who helped create the image of the UFC and MMA. There is nothing I can type or say that will make anyone feel better. All I can say is that Charles started by selling Tapout shirts out of his trunk to dying in a Ferrari. Let that be a symbol of what hard work and passion can amount to in life.

Jeff you are a class act and I know you and the guys at Tapout, not just Charles were close. I called Brian to make sure you were doing alright.

I wish everyone my deepest sympathy and hope I can everyone remembers that Charles is to MMA what Nike is to Basketball and Adidas is to Soccer.

John Curry
    The Deaf MMA Columnist
    411mania.com

6. Sprawlin says:

March 12th, 2009at 6:15 pm(#)

Just found his last interview given on 10 MAR 09 for DUB. You can see the Ferrari in the background

7. Sprawlin says:

March 12th, 2009at 6:16 pm(#)

Looks like it wont let me embed the vid. Here is the link:

8. Phillip "The Wicked" Wyman says:

March 13th, 2009at 9:43 am(#)

God bless his soul, I will pray for his friends and family that morn this great loss.
    Blessings to all that were a part of his life and seek refuge that he may be in a better place.

The WICKED!

9. TUFFTON says:

June 8th, 2009at 1:06 pm(#)

R.I.P MASK we all will miss u and i will miss u i am going to get a tattoo for u and everyone should pray for u to cofounder is gone in a blink of the eye i bet most of u were asleep and that sucks now mask has put an impact in my life and i will miss him forever

ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, ITS THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG!

RSS MMA NEWS

FEATURED FIGHTER

WHY MARKET IN THE SPORT OF MMA?

SuckerPunch Entertainment is the premier sports management and marketing company in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). Our roster boasts some of the best male and female athletes in the sport. Through our athletes and expansive network, we can instantly embed your brand into the fabric of the fastest growing sport in the country. We can deliver millions of impressions for your brand both nationally and internationally. Contact us so you can be represented.

MEDIA KIT | CONTACT US