ERIC SCHAFER DEFEATS ALEXANDER

ERIC SCHAFER DEFEATS ALEXANDER

September 17th, 2008  |  Published in TOP STORY  |  13 Comments

Thomas Gerbasi, UFC – Popular local light heavyweight Houston Alexander promised a new level of aggression in his homecoming bout against Eric Schafer tonight at the Omaha Civic Auditorium, but while ‘The Assassin’ certainly did his part in pushing the pace, it was the non-stop ground attack of Schafer that ruled the day as he submitted Alexander in their furiously paced UFC Fight Night bout.CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY AT www.UFC.com

Responses

1. Charlie says:

September 17th, 2008at 10:57 pm(#)

Congrats Schafer!!! Arm Triangle!

2. LeVon says:

September 18th, 2008at 2:16 am(#)

Great job Red! Very nice Jiu Jitsu!

3. Brian Crenshaw says:

September 18th, 2008at 7:15 am(#)

Great fight Eric, congrats to both you and Duke for wins!

4. Tyburn says:

September 18th, 2008at 7:23 am(#)

You won!!! On the ground, as per my prediction! you are fantastic!! I hear that you should be commended also for the round up to that point. I heard that you withstood quite a beating to get Alexander down, and then you had the sense to be patient in securing the submission.

I have Setanta…soooo I shall be watching your fight tonight…I’ll be more specific once ive actually seen it for myself…but WELL DONE Eric

5. big frog says:

September 18th, 2008at 10:01 am(#)

Way to go brother. Looked great. I was impressed with all your ground game once again. Keep it up, and we talk when you get back.
    laters

6. Rob says:

September 18th, 2008at 11:06 am(#)

Congrats on the big win and keeping your composure. Keep up the good work!

7. Rob"Bubbs"Harris says:

September 18th, 2008at 11:52 am(#)

Dude ! Your nickname should be “The Chin” . My God man, you took some pretty serious knees that would have had most men knocked out cold. Like I said before, Houston has no clue what to do on the ground. You showed tremendous skill and patience. Congrats on the “W”, and keep up the good work.

8. big frog says:

September 18th, 2008at 4:10 pm(#)

“Life’s about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning’s done.”
    – Rocky Balboa

Words to live by guys! People watch movies and put themselves in them all the time. they “live” through the experiences that the actors/actresses go through in the film. Rocky films have inspired so many fighters and i am one of them. Schafer is a perfect example of somebody who won’t quit. Way to go WIN bro. Way to live the dream that is just that to so many people….A Dream! You da man!
    Jeff

9. Zach says:

September 18th, 2008at 11:28 pm(#)

Man that was an awesome fight, honestly I thought those knees were illegal but I couldnt tell for sure. No problem though, looked like it didnt bother you too much. Great fight, look forward to watching your next one.

10. Paul says:

September 19th, 2008at 11:13 am(#)

Eric, I watched the fight a second time last night and it was just as exciting. You did an excellent job staying focused on the victory. Congratulations. Can’t wait for your next fight!

11. Tyburn says:

September 21st, 2008at 5:02 pm(#)

Thought you might like to know that several on the Forum actually believe that Alexander cheated on his feet and that the Ref was biased AGAINST Mr Schafer in not disqualifying Alexander…not that it mattered…as moments later Eric would take the law into his own hands and win decisively anyway…but I thought that you might like to know that 🙂

12. Red says:

September 24th, 2008at 6:44 pm(#)

Thanks everybody, it was a great fight. Thanks to all my sponsors Sprawl, Jesus Didn’t Tap, Legit Fightwear, and Combat Corner. I wrote a blog on it that goes into more detail…

13. Candy says:

October 28th, 2008at 2:09 pm(#)

Good post.

Leave a Response

RSS MMA NEWS

FEATURED FIGHTER

WHY MARKET IN THE SPORT OF MMA?

SuckerPunch Entertainment is the premier sports management and marketing company in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). Our roster boasts some of the best male and female athletes in the sport. Through our athletes and expansive network, we can instantly embed your brand into the fabric of the fastest growing sport in the country. We can deliver millions of impressions for your brand both nationally and internationally. Contact us so you can be represented.

MEDIA KIT | CONTACT US